Demolition has started!! Planning and creating South Florida's latest immersive escape room in Jupiter, FL has been really exciting. Completing the demolition to make way for the new room(s) was surprisingly satisfying and kinda therapeutic! It was a great day yesterday!
Walls...what walls? We don't need no stink'in walls!! Nothing helps with stress relief better than a 20lb sledge hammer and some pesky drywall.
The secret door will go here...the hidden key will go there. We love it when a plan comes together!
Our days are long and busy here at Will To Escape as we work to setup South Florida's newest immersive escape rooms in Jupiter. But, we wanted to take a moment and share the design of escape room #2 - The Stolen Relic. We're really happy with the second room design. We hope you get excited too!
Introducing…The Stolen Relic
Legend has it…A temple located deep in the jungles of Malaysia housed a legendary relic. A relic that has been worshiped by its people for thousands of years. Recently, the relic has gone missing and chaos among the people has ensued. Information about the accused thief from the locals have led to the home of a crazed Anthropologist. You are the team of detectives called in to investigate his study and search for the stolen relic.
There is only one catch...The manic thief has left traps inside the home and you only have one hour to complete your mission before the relic is lost...forever!"
Will you have what it takes to find the stolen relic?
You have a lot of options for weekly entertainment. The choices are varied and endless…from the traditional ‘dinner-and-a-movie’ to the more progressive ‘Fortnite gaming’ with friends. No matter your preference, it’s good to keep your local Escape Rooms as a leading consideration. Escape Rooms ‘check the boxes’ better than most options. This is why Escape Rooms are one of the fastest growing entertainment segments in the U.S.
Here are 5 reasons why an Escape Room should top your list for fun with family and friends.
1. Immersiveness. A good Escape Room engages more of your attention and senses. An immersive escape room takes you away to an augmented reality. For 60-minutes, it replaces your true reality with the realism of the room. It captures your visual, tactile, audio, and even olfactory senses in the moment. The combination of the storyline, narrative, room design, and props opens the mind and body to the suggested situation. It allows you to truly appreciate the moment and the presented challenge. In other words, it makes for a really cool experience!
2. Makes you think. Escape Rooms present tasks that you must solve in a given time period. These games are designed to challenge your problem-solving capabilities and imagination. This is beneficial for both young and old participants alike. Often, it’s the team brain share that saves the day as each person contributes a vital thought or key idea to solve the challenge.
3. Fun for everyone. Let’s face it, Escape Room challenges are fun! We’ve seen customers excitingly finish one Escape Room and decide to undertake a second one in the same night…an Escape Room double header! Escape Rooms can become addictive. By nature, people get extraordinary joy and satisfaction from completing challenges…it’s in our DNA. The true immersiveness of an Escape Room also creates an exciting environment that often raises the level of adrenaline in participants to create a truly exhilarating experience.
4. A Shared Group Experience. We all enjoy making great memories with others. Nothing beats shared fun with family, friends, or a first date. An Escape Room adventure is something that you will talk about for years. You’ve accomplished something great when you successfully complete the Escape Room challenge together. Nothing can replace good memories!
5. Physicality. Let’s face it…a lot of entertainment options today don’t require much movement. Escape Rooms are just the opposite. They get you up off your butt and moving! Escape Room will have you bouncing around as you try to complete the challenge in only 60-minutes. Escape Rooms are a great option for your day-off or night-out. Keep Escape Rooms in mind the next time you’re out with family and friends.
Will to Escape is the newest Escape Room offering in Southern Florida with an expected opening date of late Feb 2019. Our Sector X, The Stolen Relic, and The Terminal rooms are sure to please the first-timer and experienced aficionado alike.
Follow us on Facebook or Twitter to keep updated on our opening day specials!
Things are moving fast and furious at the new Will to Escape location in Jupiter, FL. The construction permit requests were submitted to the city and we’re waiting for start approval. Our hourly status check with the contractor is probably driving him nuts!
We’ve also been busy putting the finishing touches on the room plans.
The first room design is pretty much done. It’s going to be an exciting Sci-Fi room called Sector X. In this escape room adventure, your research team, assigned to a deep space exploration station, must deal with an alien life form roaming free on the ship. You only have 60 minutes to repair the specimen containment chamber and recapture the alien creature to save the station! In this amazing, immersive challenge you’ll need to work together to save the day and your fellow crew members!
Escape Rooms are challenging and fun…no doubt. Since 2015, the theme-based game rooms have gained tremendous popularity in Florida and the U.S. overall. We, at Will to Escape, are excited to bring the newest, immersive Escape Room offering to South Florida with an expected grand opening in late February 2019.
We also understand there’s more to a night-on-the-town than just the room challenge itself. Most folks are looking to have a fun night out with family, friends, or a significant other. This means planning an evening that includes other activities in addition to the marquee event at the escape room.
We want to ensure you have an awesome time and a great night! One way we can help is by partnering with other local businesses to offer specials, discounts, and services to our escape room customers. To ensure we hit the mark, we’d like your input on offers and specials you’d like to see.
· Would appetizer and drink discounts at the local brewery make you the planning genius? · Would food and drink service at the escape room help you enjoy the evening? · Would you like text paging that allows you to enjoy a beer at the bar next door and automatically notifies you when your game room is ready? · Would you like to earn discounts towards your next escape room outing? · Could a free refrigerator magnet make your night? · Do you have other ideas?
Please let us know your thoughts and follow us on Facebook to keep apprised of the specials we create!
We’ve spent a lot of time, over the past 6-months, crafting the escape room strategy at Will to Escape…’cuz let’s face it…. all escape rooms are not created equal. We’ve been to awesome escape rooms and some not-so-great escape rooms. We definitely wanted to ensure our new rooms fell into the former group rather than the latter. We also realized that the needs and expectations of visitors change over time with escape room experience. The things we appreciated in our first escape room adventure are different than what we look for in an escape room experience today. Not better…just different.
So how does an escape room satisfy all types of customers and experience levels? This question bugged the $%%# out of us months. We were betting the farm (literally) on finding the answer. Thankfully, one day the answer dawned brightly on us like a South Florida sunrise. In a subconscious, yet, Yoda-like voice it whispered,
“Focus on true Immersiveness! Do or do not, there is no try!”
From that day, the search for true immersiveness has kept us away from the dark side of escape room creation. You see…it IS all about the immersiveness.
An immersive escape room takes you away to an augmented reality. For 60-minutes, it replaces your true reality with the realism of the room. It captures your visual, tactile, audio, and even olfactory senses in the moment. Think of the difference between a documentary about the Grand Canyon and Grand Canyon – IMAX. HUGE difference! The combination of the storyline, narrative, room design, and props opens the mind and body to ready acceptance of the suggested situation. It allows you to truly appreciate the moment and the presented challenge. In other words, it makes for a really cool experience!
Whether you successfully complete the challenge is often secondary. “Escaping” for 60 minutes from the daily pressures with family, friends, or colleagues is the true measure of success.
This is primary objective for us at Will To Escape. We want to bring a true immersive experience to every visitor at our Jupiter, FL location. We hope you appreciate the difference! Please check back often and follow us in our search for true immersiveness.
So how does an escape room satisfy all types of customers and experience levels? “Focus on true Immersiveness! Do or do not, there is no try!”
A new Guinness World Record was set in Oct 2018 for the most Escape Room attempts in 24-hours. A group of U.S. and Spanish escape room aficionados met the challenge in Moscow, Russia by completing 21 of 22 escape rooms.